Private Charter for up to 12 Passengers
Wavelength 5 is available for private charter for up to 12 passengers for either pleasure, research or filming use. Please contact our shop for rates. (Approx $3500 per day for pleasure use.) Most revenue from private charters on this vessel go towards marine research and subsidised charter rates are available for approved research projects.
Recreation, Research, Filming & Commercial Charters
This boat is aimed at those looking for a boutique charter experience, where the focus is on seeing the best of what’s under the surface. We do not do fishing or spearfishing. Our thorough local knowledge based on 32 years of operations, combined with a selection of exclusive mooring locations, plus access to all local reefs, cays and islands, and our passionate crew, give the best combination for a trip of a lifetime. With very easy water access, lots of storage, plus seawater pumps and a large wet-well, this vessel is also perfect for research work, filming and surveying coral health. Recent film work has included Al Jazeera, Dutch National TV, HBO, NZTV, CNN and ABC. Recent research work has included a 7 day National Geographic/UTS exploratory trip, coral propagation research and coral health surveys. A spacious back deck, air-conditioned wheelhouse, dive tank racks, swim platform with dive ladders, and large inflatable tender make this boat great for exploring the reef.
Snorkel and Dive Charters
Maximum permitted passengers 12. Normal crew compliment 2 to 4. Possible extra crew, subject to availability includes: commercial divers, professional underwater water cameraman, qualified marine biology guides, commentators with full face masks with intercom, dive instructors/masters.
- Builder: Badenach Boats, North West Tasmania
- Designer: Mark Ellis
- Year built: 2010 Refit 2017
- Model: 13.8 commercial twin engine
- Survey measured length: 13.8m
- Overall length 15.1m
- Beam: 4.04m
- Draft 1.2m
- Engines: 2 x John Deere 300HP 6068SFM50 (approx. 2800 hrs from new)
- Material: GRP – solid laminate with double thickness reinforced bow sections. Foam cored laminate on deck and superstructure.
- Vessel style: Cray-boat style with fine entry, soft riding, easy planning, fuel efficient hull. Twin engine with full keel, large working deck and single level wheelhouse with accommodation.
- Working deck area: 30m2
- Under deck storage: Dry/wet well (1300L ) + dry well (3000L) + insulated dry/wet well (1100L)
- Internal storage: dry secure area (1.6m x 3m x 0.8m)
- Fuel: 2000 litres plus 1000 litres
- Normal cruising speed 17 knots
- Maximum range long distance delivery @ 8.5 knots = 900 miles | @ 17 knots = 400 miles
- Water: 450 litres plus 300 litres
- Electronics: Chart plotter – Furuno TZ2 15 inch multifunction display
- GPS – 2 x Furuno GPS/WAAS GP32
- Sounder – Furuno 50Hz 2KW plus 200Hz 2kW transducers plus Furuno MB1100
- Radar – Furuno 1945 64 mile open array
- VHF – Icom IC-M323G fixed + IC-M35 portable + GME GX600 fixed back-up + additional IC-M35 portable for use by shore party
- Satphone – Inmarsat Isatphone Pro
- Autopilot – Raymarine ACU Hydraulic
- Entertainment : TV/DVD/Stereo
- Personal electronics/computer/cameras/batteries charging station – inverter and generator 240V power outlets + 12V USB lighter outlet style
- Generator: 1 x Westerbeke 8kVA plus back-up Honda 2kVA
- Accommodation: 3 berths in fore-cabin, 1 small in saloon. Small galley and seating for 4 persons at saloon table + seating for two at helm seat. One marine toilet with sink and shower. Additional cushioned seating and dining tables on aft deck.
- Sun shade: Full length canopy with full length opening clears on aft deck.
- Air-conditioning; Cruisair 16,000 and 12,000
- Refrigeration: Waeco fridge/freezer + Engel fridge/freezer
- Galley: Electric hob plus convection oven/microwave, Galleymate marine BBQ, breadmaker, etc
- Anchors: Bower: 30kg Manson Supreme + 80m 10mm chain. Kedge: 25 kg Bruce + 5m 10mm chain + 150m 20mm warp
- Liferafts: 2 x 8 person Transocean
- Lifejackets: 16 x RFD coastal + 4 x inflating life jackets for use in tender transfers
- Safety Equipment and Safety Management System: to NSCV 2C (covering the whole GBR region)
- Medical: Scale F first aid kit, oxygen administration kit, defribrulator, blood pressure cuff, pulse oximeter. Scale E can be provided if required.
- Dinghy: 3.60 m Swift RIB with 15HP Yamaha outboard
- Water access: Duck board with twin dive ladders
- Cushioned back deck seating for 18 persons plus two tables (all removable)
- Dive tank racks for 20 dive tanks
- Sea water circulation pumps: 12V (230 litre/min) + 240V (170 litre/min) + engine driven (200 litre/min)
- Available equipment: 4 x 2000kg heavy duty lift bags; 10 x Nally bins with seawater pump through if required; Basic underwater photography equipment; 2 x hydraulic pumps installed can operate a rope hauler; SCUBA dive equipment; Bauer Junior II dive compressor.
- Removable transom opening to aft deck. Strong points allow a tender up to 4.6m or 1.8m wide be winched onto the back deck.